Figuring out where your child will attend kindergarten is a big decision. You need a lot of information to know whether a school is a good fit for your child, and to make their first year as a student go as smoothly as possible.
The Franklin PTA has resources and events to help you learn what life is like as a Franklin kindergarten student, connect with other parents of incoming kindergartners, and foster a close-knit community before the school year even begins.
- Franklin PTA Incoming K Summer Meetups—The PTA sponsors two summer meetups at Franklin Park for enrolled incoming K students and their families to get to know each other before the first day of school. The 2018 K meetups will be from 10 a.m. to noon at Franklin Park on Saturday, July 14, and Saturday, August 11 .
- Classroom Assignments—Franklin Elementary School sends each kindergarten family a welcome letter in mid-August informing parents how to get their child’s classroom/teacher assignments. Check out our K teacher websites HERE.
- Kindergarten Welcome—Franklin’s kindergarten classrooms will be open to give your child a chance to meet his/her teacher and see the classroom. Date and time TBD.
- Back-to-School Potluck BBQ—All students and their families are invited to a BBQ on the school yard on Sunday, August 19, from 4 to 6 p.m. Bring your favorite dessert or side dish.
- School starts on Monday, August 20! Join the PTA for a back-to-school coffee in the Multipurpose Room after you get your little one(s) settled in their classrooms.
- AUSD 2018-19 calendar
- Franklin Elementary School Parent/Student Handbook
- After School Care Options
- AUSD School Smarts Academy
- Free swim lessons for ALL Alameda kindergartners: These FREE lessons are offered at both Franklin and Lincoln pools through the Alameda Swimming Pool Association every September and again in April. You do not have to be a member of either pool to participate in this program. More information to come about this program in September.
If you have a child eligible to start kindergarten in the upcoming 2018-19 school year and you are not on the Incoming Kindergarten PTA mailing list, please contact Page Tomblin.