Join the fun on Walk & Roll to School Day
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
The students, parents, and teachers at Franklin will celebrate International Walk & Roll to School Day on Wednesday, October 7th. This is a great opportunity to create community and celebrate our health, the environment, and our school spirit. Find a buddy to walk, roll or carpool with!
What’s going on?
- Starting Wednesday, October 7th we will be stamping the Walk and Roll cards of students that either walk, carpool or bike (scooter etc) to school. The cards will be handed out to students the Wednesday before in the Wednesday packet.
- Prizes will be handed out to students who complete each row of stamps and then a big prize will be handed out at the end of the year for students who complete an entire card (stamps on all the squares on card).
- On Oct 7th, we will have people at the Paru gate and in front of the main entrance to stamp cards.
- On every weds past the 7th only the Paru gate will have a person to stamp the cards.
Walk or bike with your child to school or if you live farther away:
- Bike with your child.
- Carpool with another family. Spare the environment and reduce morning stress for yourself: connect with other families who live in your neighborhood.
- Park a few blocks away and walk with your child.